Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12932) windows printf doesn't allow reordering argumen

To: aaron_talamasca@xxxxxxxx, abudhabi2@xxxxxx, atagi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, chrisk@xxxxxxxxx, cyril.delalande@xxxxxxxxx, ka_xperience@xxxxxxxx, lvl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, s_keishi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12932) windows printf doesn't allow reordering arguments
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:01:36 -0800

It works by adding the include to support.c because that's the file that
defines my_snprintf and cat_snprintf, which are probably the big
offenders.  But this won't necessarily catch all offenders for all
languages.  With the include added only to support.c, I don't understand
why the changes to the other header files are needed...since these
aren't affected outside the compilation of support.o.

Another possibility might be adding the include to support.h or
shared.h.  These are included in most .c files.  support.h for instance
includes stdbool.h which is needed for the very commonly-used 'bool' type.

We'll have a 2.0.8 release shortly and I'd like to get this fix in.
Should I just go with the 3b patch or do you want to add the include to
support.h?  Also, can you update it for the S2_1 branch so that we can
fix it for 2.1?

-jason