Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15636) Editor: Change city from within city dialog

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15636) Editor: Change city from within city dialog
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:44:33 -0800

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Jason Short wrote:
> Here is a simpler patch.

Nice.

> the buy code looks rather risky, since it basically re-implements the
> act of end-of-turn production and I'm not sure this is wise.

It is just one function call...

> This new tab will be needed anyway since some method of editing did_buy,
> shield_stock, turn_founded, and all the other esoteric city values is
> needed.

Do we really need to be able to set all these esoteric values? I think
that just makes editing more cumbersome and confusing than they are
actually helpful. Just reset them whenever the editor touches something.

I cannot think of one good reason why someone would want to edit these
values directly.

  - Per