Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Windows GTK client compile success! (wiki updated)

To: Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa <vasco.costa@xxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Windows GTK client compile success! (wiki updated)
From: John Keller <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:25:55 +0100

Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:
> On 2/13/06, Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The problem is that the intl/ directory is being used at all.  This is
>> the included gettext and it's being used.  The solution is to remove
>> intl/ and always depend on gettext being installed.  Or you can simply
>> disable NLS.  Or you could try adding gettext to dependencies/ somehow.
>
> Hello Jason,
>
> I like the idea of removing intl/. The API seems pretty stable, and it is a
> standard package on most Linux systems, and others. As a last resort
> the user can always disable NLS.

OK, so when I modify the wiki page I'll remove the reference to the
"--with-included-gettext" flag. I'll keep watching the progress of the
intl/ directory to keep the howto in sync.

It appears that "--disable-nls" is needed due to conflicting versions in
libiconv and/or gettext (per someone else's wiki edits). I'm working on
some other things first, but I'll see what I can find out on those too.

- John