Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Windows GTK client compile success! (wiki updated)

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Windows GTK client compile success! (wiki updated)
From: John Keller <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 23:19:42 +0100

Jason Dorje Short wrote:
> Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:
>> On 2/12/06, John Keller <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> It seems like people have succeeded in compiling the Windows client, but
>>> either long ago or with great pain - or both.
>>

>> Thanks! I managed to compile the gui-gtk-2.0 in Windows following the
>> instructions.
>> I had to add --disable-nls to configure. Otherwise I would get an
>> error on link stating
>> there were multiple declarations of a function. It was both in the
>> system libiconv and
>> in our own libintl.
>
> You cannot and must not use --with-included-gettext; it declares
> functions that conflict with libiconv functions.  In fact the included
> gettext should be destroyed and never return.  You can compile and
> install gettext directly however (it should/must be installed *after*
> libiconv).
>
> -jason

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I simply made the tip more prominent,
having found it in the old version. I understand now what's going on, so
I'll update the page with corrected info and your comments once I get a
chance to test some other things.

Thanks for the feedback! I definitely think it'll help people in the
future who are where I was yesterday.

- John