Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Windows GTK client compile success! (wiki updated)

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Windows GTK client compile success! (wiki updated)
From: John Keller <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 02:43:44 +0100

It seems like people have succeeded in compiling the Windows client, but
either long ago or with great pain - or both.

I've spent the evening working with MinGW and Cygwin. I wasn't able to
get far on Cygwin, but far enough to have some tweaks to the wiki page
about Windows installation:
  http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Install-Windows

On the other hand, I was able to update the wiki page to reflect what
works with the current svn head under MinGW. I also tried to clarify
and/or simplify the text where possible. These changes involved some
formatting changes, as well.

Please forgive me if I've overstepped my bounds. As a long-time player
and newcomer to the development process, I wanted to make it as easy as
possible for others to follow in my footsteps.

I hope that people like these changes. Please don't hesitate to give me
feedback, especially if there's something that I've overlooked.

- John

P.S. Previous version for comparison:
  http://www.freeciv.org/index.php?title=Install-Windows&oldid=18044