Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: rndCiv for freeciv 2.0.99

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: rndCiv for freeciv 2.0.99
From: banjo <banjo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:57:24 +1300

Per Inge Mathisen wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, banjo wrote:

What would help speed things up, is if someone could mentor me offline.
I need someone with a deeper knowledge of where the effects rules are
going and what works & what doesn't (yet).

Everything should work now. If you have questions and see email as
insufficient, try IRC. We hang out on #freeciv-dev on irc.freenode.net

  - Per

Ok, currently my questions are....

1) is doc/README.effects up to date?

2) can the server handle a tile Resources of Silk, or Coal, or Gold,
   or Iron etc.  It would be useful to be able to specify these.

3) for "Trade_Revenue_Bonus" the documentation states...
   Trade revenue is multiplied by pow(2, amount/1000)

   Im not a mathematician, i don't understand this, could someone
   please explain either how to calc this in perl, or give some
   rough rules of thumb for doubling and halving Trade Revenue.

4) in effects.ruleset, does the order of entries inside "reqs =" matter?

5) is there a limit to the number of effects the server will
   allow/handle.

6) do these effects work...

"Food_Bonus"    - city's production is increased by AMOUNT percent
"Prod_Bonus"
"Trade_Bonus"
"Tax_Bonus"
"Luxury_Bonus"
"Science_Bonus"

"Food_Bonus_2"  - production is increased by AMOUNT percent.  This is
"Prod_Bonus_2"    applied after the first bonus so it's multiplicative
"Trade_Bonus_2"   with it.
"Tax_Bonus_2"
"Luxury_Bonus_2"
"Science_Bonus_2"

7) could an effect requirement be
  Terrain, Mountain, City

  could a building requirement be (as well as a tech)
    Terrain, Mountain, City

8) can an effect like 'Pollu_Prod_Pct' have range "World".
   meaning it has a worldwide effect? affecting all players?

That'll do for now
-billy