Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] freeciv-2.0.7a.dmg

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv-2.0.7a.dmg
From: "James P. Wiant" <jamesprw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:40:43 +1300

I downloaded freeciv-2.0.7a.dmg and didn't get what I expected. It seems the actual game isn't there - but in this case I'm pretty sure I just don't understand. It said something about needing X11 or something like that. I'm a programmer and therefore pretty ok with computers, but I'm a Windows dude and the Mac the wife and I just bought is still something of a mystery *L*

Do I need to compile it somehow? Do I need to download something else? Or am I just missing the obvious (wouldn't be the first time).

I'd appreciate any help you could give me. I really like open source and hope the concept keeps growing.

Thanks in advance.

James P. Wiant