Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Updating gui backend from 1.x to 2.x

To: Ilkka Lehtoranta <ilkleht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Updating gui backend from 1.x to 2.x
From: Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:03:44 +0900

Hi Ilkka,

Why don't you work against HEAD instead? We're expecting a 2.1 branching and beta soon...

Best
-Daniel

On 2006-01-10, at 23.22, Ilkka Lehtoranta wrote:

Hi

I'm updating gui-mui backend from 1.x to compliant with 2.0.7. I havent
followed Freeciv development over two years and there were major changes
in GUI layout since 1.x versions.

I looked into gtk-2.0 code and it seems GUI backend renders to a pixmap
stored in struct canvas -- in fact it seems GUI independent client code
makes rendering calls to GUI dependant code but it doesnt go directly to
the screen?

I've been reading through ChangeLog but I cant find solid information
about this.

Also, is there a screenshot gallery from GTK or Win32 client?