Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Civ related game

To: Stephane DAVID <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Civ related game
From: Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa <vasco.costa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 22:40:58 +0000

On 12/6/05, Stephane DAVID <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

2 Years ago,  I have started a new turn based strategy game, called for the moment SSS.

It is compatible with Civilization III graphics (and can use most of them), but I plan to make a really improved gameplay.

It is coded in C#, in a Windows environment.

In January, I plan to start the project again, and clean all my previous ideas and tests.

Salut Stéphane David,

It seems, to me, you have invested a significant amount of time in this project, and with this you have made a nice
game editor. You probably know a lot more of the way the Civilization III graphics system and map works than we do.

However, the part of programming the game engine, the meat of the game, remains. It was also unclear to me which
licensing scheme you are using for this, not to mention your plans to stop relying on copyrighted Civilization III content.
Last but not least, lots of people in here, especially developers, do not use Microsoft Windows often for development,
so they will also want to know how well your game runs on something like Mono or DotGNU.

I wish you good luck in your venture and that you may have... fun. :-)
-Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa