Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14731) Demographics report and localization

To: himasaram@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14731) Demographics report and localization
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasco.costa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 09:23:34 -0800

On 12/2/05, William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> First of all, never use fixed length strings.  Unix left those behind
> decades ago.  Trim the output at the client.

Ah, I just remembered the last time I got "argument list too long".
There are fixed-size buffers everywhere in Unix, and our little game is the
least of your problems. :-)

> Second of all, send the raw text and translate at the client!

Agreed, but this gives all sorts of issues, like if the message strings
of the server and client are in sync or not.

Patches welcome of course,

-Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa