Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14458) GTK2 Client: Column margins too narrow for

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14458) GTK2 Client: Column margins too narrow for flags
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 18:12:22 -0800

2005-10-26 kl. 08.11 skrev Daniel Markstedt:

> Symptom: The margins of columns with flag images in GTK2 client are
> just a tiny bit too narrow, so all flag images appear to be missing the
> right hand pixel border. Esthetically unpleasing, especially with flags
> with white backgrounds.
>
> -Daniel

Incidently, the problem is not evident in most locales. Namely those
where the translated string for "Flag" is long enough to widen the
column it occupies. In fact, the only locale except English where I
could observe the problem is Japanese.

An ugly hack-fix would be to add a space to the "Flag" string ("Flag ")
but that wouldn't make anyone happy. I'm sure GTK has a way to define
minimum widths of columns.

-Daniel