Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: using OR in requirements

To: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: using OR in requirements
From: Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa <vasco.costa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 15:32:11 +0000

On 12/2/05, Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> could we perhaps add two kinds of reqs, one for ANDs and one for ORs? Such
> as one_of_req (or) and all_of_reqs (and), as in:

Yes, we could. However, the current code is a bit of a mess. Helptext
generation,
duplication of negative reqs and nreqs, etc. I believe these issues should be
fixed first before we extend it again, lest it turn into an unfixable mess.
As for the suggestions to use Lua, this functionality seems, to me, to be
performance sensitive enough to warrant a native C code implementation.

-Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa