Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: using OR in requirements

To: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: using OR in requirements
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 12:32:26 -0500

Sorry, to be more verbose:

We discussed having OR before, and decided it wasn't a good idea because of added complexity. If it were only done for effects and then things were split during ruleset loading, that might be feasible. The problem is that reqs are used in lots of places and have a consistent format; how will you add extensions without breaking that format?

[effect_martial_law_each_0]
name    = "Martial_Law_Each"
value   = 1
one_of_req  =
    {
        { "type",       "name",      "range"
          "Gov", "Anarchy",   "Player"
        }
        { "type",       "name",      "range"
          "Gov", "Despotism", "Player"
        }
        { "type",       "name",      "range"
          "Gov", "Monarchy",  "Player"
        }
    }

this preserves the req format but in an array. However I'm pretty sure this isn't possible with the registry format.

-jason