Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14622) Policy on banned flags

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14622) Policy on banned flags
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:26:15 -0800

2005-11-17 kl. 19.00 skrev Peter Schaefer:

> On 11/17/05, Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Questions are never irrelevant ;-)
>
> Would it make sense to remove, for political reasons, one of the flags
> conspicuous to China, while keeping the other? Maybe not ..
>
> Also, seen from the point of view that a freeciv game starts before 1
> C.E. when taiwan as it is hasn't existed even, it is a quite strange
> to remove a tibetan nation that is already marked as historical while
> keeping Taiwan. Taiwan would be historically fine to keep as a civil
> war-nation to the Chinese nation, but if it exists in the ruleset, why
> not keep it playable as well.

I fully agree that removing Tibetan nation goes against common sense. I
was just thinking about the real-world legal implications.

Instead I'd like to make these changes:

• Remove unnecessary references to Chinese conquests from legend.
• Change name of Turkestan flag to Uyghur, flag shape somewhat changed.
• Dalai Lama made a title and personal names of Dalai Lamas added to
leader list, plus other improvements.

-Daniel