Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14314) effects and unitclass cleanup

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14314) effects and unitclass cleanup
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:18:01 -0700

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Jason Short wrote:
>
>>>+    "UnitClass", "Helicoptor", "Local"
>>>
>>>This is a typo I assume. Maybe we need improved error reporting for
>>>effects.ruleset parsing?
>>
>>Why is it a typo?
>
> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=helicoptor

Oh duh.

[effect_airport_0a]
name    = "Veteran_Build"
value   = 1
reqs    =
     { "type", "name", "range"
       "Building", "Airport", "City"
       "UnitClass", "Helicoptor", "Local"
     }

[effect_airport_0a]
name    = "Veteran_Build"
value   = 1
reqs    =
     { "type", "name", "range"
       "Building", "Airport", "City"
       "UnitClass", "Missile", "Local"
     }

The reason this isn't reported as an error is that the section names are
the same for both entries.  Only the missile entry is read; the
helicoptor entry is _silently_ ignored.

This is really, really bad.  We need to audit S2_0 ASAP to make sure
there are no duplicate entries there.

-jason