Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14428) shifting the main map

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14428) shifting the main map
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 08:17:27 -0700

On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 01:29:25PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:
> Christian Knoke wrote:
> >

> > It looks like the map handling has slightly changed in 2.0.99 which leads to
> > some problems for me.
> >
> > I use RMB often to reposition the main map. To get the most effect, I move
> > the mouse near the window border and click. If my hand hasn't come to stop
> > fully when clicking, this results in a short move with RMB pressed.
> >
> > RMB dragging is defined as selecting cities. There is a threshold which
> > discretes between clicking and dragging, but it is very low.
> >
> > In the end many attempts to shift the main map are in vain.
> >
> > Increasing of the threshold might solve this.
>
> While this is definitely a problem I don't think it has changed at all
> since S2_0.

Ok.

> However, I think if you describe the problem exactly we can probably fix
> it in both branches.

I tried in above. What is unclear yet? What do you need?

RMB  - right mouse button

The problem is, that you may not move the mouse at all, when you do a right
click, because this is interpreteted as a drag selection then instead of a
command to move/shift the map. If drag selection took place only if you move the
mouse lets say 1 tile (or 2/3 of a tile) I think the problem will go away.

Christian