Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problem compiling gui-sdl client, compile error

Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problem compiling gui-sdl client, compile error
From: Christian Prochaska <cp.ml.freeciv.dev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:34:49 +0200

Jason Dorje Short schrieb:

> mateusz wrote:
>
>> Dnia 2005-10-20 14:09:44, Arjan Franzen napisał(a):
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> i've not been able to compile the freeciv SDL client
>>>
>>> autogen.sh --enable-client=sdl     is succesfull but
>>

>> Simple answer: SDL client hasn't been working for a very long time.
>>
>> I insist on removing it: It is useless 1.5 Mb of source code.
>

> I have no objection.  Make sure you get the bootstrap bits too.
>
> -jason

Hi, please check out my patch at
http://web.inf.tu-dresden.de/~s3564543/freeciv-sdl/ .

I've been working on it for the last three weeks and although it's not
finished yet, you should be able to compile the client from current SVN
tree without errors. Just make sure you copy the files from
"missing_files.tar.bz2" into the source tree before compiling and copy
or link any unicode font file to your data dir as "stdfont.ttf" before
starting the client .

Have fun :-)

Christian