Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Auto attack

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Auto attack
From: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 06:52:48 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Christian Knoke wrote:
> I don't know. Attacking can be a disadvantage; if attacking is more costly
> than being attacked; I don't know what it does exactly.

It autoattacks when the chance of surviving an attack is higher than the
chance of surviving if it is attacked. And there are some corner cases and
exceptions, IIRC.

> There was a city option - its gone and it wouldn't apply any more. The
> settler has an 'A' command - should it be used a address units I want to
> autoattack?

The old autoattack is gone. You no longer need to use 'A' for make units
autoattack. They will do it on their own, if the server option is set.

  - Per