Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13971) Data: Confederate nation

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13971) Data: Confederate nation
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 08:06:09 -0700

On 2005-09-15, at 08.32, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Daniel Markstedt wrote:
>> This is a 'Confederate States of America' nation; or Confederates for
>> short. It was a splinter nation of the USA, the reason for the
>> American
>> Civil War and only technically existed for a few years.
>
> Few cities. Are they unique? Overlapping with possible or actual US
> ruleset cities in any case. I see no advantages from adding this
> nation.
>
>   - Per

A slightly different approach to Confederate nation:

Only two cities (both actual capitals), not overlapping with American
nation (too insignificant in contemporary USA). The rest of the
nation's cities are fetched from American nation through the
civilwar_nation tag. If both Confederates and Americans are present in
a game, they simply compete for the city names.

Also introducing new group: "Ideological". This is a very versatile
group that can hold several kinds of nations: For example Soviet and
European (EU) nations suggested elsewhere. Also UN, NATO (both using
flags in CVS,) Yugoslav plus perhaps religious "nations" such as
Christians, Muslims etc. The possibilities are endless. :-)

Plus new flag: The (in)famous Southern Cross. Drawn by me.

Daniel