Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13327) Scenario and nation selection

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13327) Scenario and nation selection
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:06:59 -0700

Mateusz Stefek wrote:

>>[mstefek - Tue Sep 20 19:01:40 2005]:
>

>>Anyway, there's another problem with my patch: There's a race between
>>the aifill spin button and loading a savegame with aifill != 5. This
>>problem deserves a separate ticket. Generally aifill should be
>>synchronized with the aifill spin button, but in practice there are so
>>many scenarious when it isn't.
>
> I decided to do this in a single patch. Here it is.

I'm not sure this is the best way to do it (tying the spinbutton to
game.info.aifill).  I think it should rather be tied to the aifill
"options_settable" (in repodlgs.c).  In fact I think all "vital" server
settings should be displayed automatically on the top level (so no
special case would be needed for aifill).

That said, adding aifill to the game.info seems harmless in itself.

-jason