Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13327) Scenario and nation selection

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13327) Scenario and nation selection
From: "Mateusz Stefek" <mstefek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:01:40 -0700

> [jdorje - Tue Sep 20 18:43:48 2005]:
>
> Mateusz Stefek wrote:
>
> > +  send_game_info(game.est_connections);
> > +  send_rulesets(game.est_connections);
>
> Are you sure this doesn't cause rulesets to be sent twice?  That could
> be...very slow.
>
> -jason

I was just experimenting. And this solution was the first which didn't
crash client or server.
The problem is that the client needs to know value of
game.info.is_new_game and rulesets in order to properly display flags on
the PAGE_NATION page. Loading a game when there are clients connected is
really messy.

Anyway, there's another problem with my patch: There's a race between
the aifill spin button and loading a savegame with aifill != 5. This
problem deserves a separate ticket. Generally aifill should be
synchronized with the aifill spin button, but in practice there are so
many scenarious when it isn't.
--
mateusz