Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14043) Air-loading land-transporters traps and cra

To: lo_oris@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14043) Air-loading land-transporters traps and crashes
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:57:00 -0700

Lo'oris wrote:

> i've tried to create air and land transporters. They work, except in
> one case:
>
>  > sanitycheck.c:137: failed assertion `same_pos(punit->tile, ptile)'
> Abort trap
>
> this is the error i "end turn" if i loaded into an air-transporter some
> land-transporter that was already carrying some other units.
>
> another strange (but non-critical) error, is that sometimes the
> land-transporter loads in itself (but when i activate him, the problem
> disappears).
>
> tested with beta5, on osx 10.3, and i still can't try cvs unless you
> give me a precompiled version (sorry).

Again, you should test this with the development version.

Recursive transporting is not supposed to be allowed; it makes the rules
and user interface too complicated.  The bug in the above case is that
somehow a recursive transport was created.  None of this code has been
rigorously tested so if you could create a test ruleset that
demonstrates the problem we can probably fix it pretty easily.  This is
a bug that we can fix in 2.0.

-jason