Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13947) tile output in tile popup

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13947) tile output in tile popup
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:26:49 -0700

I'm not sure if this is fixable or not, but the tile output (and
despotism penalty) which is shown in the tile popup does not include
city auto-irrigation.  If you build a city on grassland, and click on
the tile, it shows 2/0/1.  If you then irrigate the tile, it shows
3(-1)/0/1.  This might lead people to want to irrigate their cities
thinking it will help them.

It also doesn't account for the minimum-city-center-output values.  In
the above case the shield output is actually 1 even though it's listed
as 0 in the popup.  If you changed the min output to 4 (for instance) I
suspect the despotism penalty being shown would then be wrong.

This isn't worth fixing for 2.0, but might be worth a little effort to
get right for future versions.

-jason