Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13940) i18n bugs in Win32 version

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13940) i18n bugs in Win32 version
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 06:10:09 -0700

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 03:36:14PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:

> jdorje@devon:~/src/freeciv/freeciv/client/gui-win32$ grep Lock *.c
> dialogs.c:  pWndClass=(LPWNDCLASS)LocalLock(hMemory);
> ratesdlg.c:
> fcwin_box_add_checkbox(hbox,"Lock",ID_RATES_TAXLOCK,0,FALSE,FALSE,20);
> ratesdlg.c:
> fcwin_box_add_checkbox(hbox,"Lock",ID_RATES_LUXURYLOCK,0,FALSE,FALSE,20);
> ratesdlg.c:
> fcwin_box_add_checkbox(hbox,"Lock",ID_RATES_SCIENCELOCK,0,FALSE,FALSE,20);
>
> So at least for the first screenshot the problem is simply that they're
> not marked for translation.  I assume the others are the same.  It
> should be easy to fix any problem once we know exactly which text isn't
> translated.  Auditing the code for untranslated text is a bit harder:
> especially in some cases it's not obvious.  For the second screenshot:

Since nearly everything in the code is translated, maybe it is nevertheless
possible to grep for untranslated strings and check them?

Because, checking during play is much harder, since I don't have Window$,
and it would take a lot of time.

> citydlg.c:665:  static const char *output_label[NUM_INFO_FIELDS] = {
> N_("Food:"),
> citydlg.c:696:    label = fcwin_box_add_static(column1, output_label[i],
> 0, SS_LEFT, FALSE, FALSE, padding);
>
> so the error here is _() needs to be used in the second line.

Yep I've seen this and guessed it was the reason.

> For the error in the last screenshot I don't know how to fix it however.

Christian