Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13940) i18n bugs in Win32 version

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13940) i18n bugs in Win32 version
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:36:14 -0700

Christian Knoke wrote:

> Hello,
>
> attached to this ticket you will find 4 screenshots sent by Florian Kattner.
> They illustrate that several strings don't use the translation present in
> de.po
>
> He has found them in
>
>   http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/freeciv/Freeciv-2.0.5-win32-setup.exe

jdorje@devon:~/src/freeciv/freeciv/client/gui-win32$ grep Lock *.c
dialogs.c:  pWndClass=(LPWNDCLASS)LocalLock(hMemory);
ratesdlg.c:
fcwin_box_add_checkbox(hbox,"Lock",ID_RATES_TAXLOCK,0,FALSE,FALSE,20);
ratesdlg.c:
fcwin_box_add_checkbox(hbox,"Lock",ID_RATES_LUXURYLOCK,0,FALSE,FALSE,20);
ratesdlg.c:
fcwin_box_add_checkbox(hbox,"Lock",ID_RATES_SCIENCELOCK,0,FALSE,FALSE,20);

So at least for the first screenshot the problem is simply that they're
not marked for translation.  I assume the others are the same.  It
should be easy to fix any problem once we know exactly which text isn't
translated.  Auditing the code for untranslated text is a bit harder:
especially in some cases it's not obvious.  For the second screenshot:

citydlg.c:665:  static const char *output_label[NUM_INFO_FIELDS] = {
N_("Food:"),
citydlg.c:696:    label = fcwin_box_add_static(column1, output_label[i],
0, SS_LEFT, FALSE, FALSE, padding);

so the error here is _() needs to be used in the second line.

For the error in the last screenshot I don't know how to fix it however.

-jason