Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Ruleset editing (nations)

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Ruleset editing (nations)
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:07:36 +0200

Hello,

the amount of work Daniel is actually putting into the nation rulesets let
me think how we can take care that no work is lost. Maybe an improved ruling
about how rulesets (here nation rulesets) are edited can help.

We have some help already at http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Nations

Here are some suggestions to enhence the help and mini faq.

- use of UTF-8 as for all rulesets

- which transcriptions for foreign names? (need help here!)

- all comments in english language

- all leaders and cities to be placed one per line

- sources of information (if any) used for leader and city names to be
  placed in comments

- contributors add there name to a contributor list placed in comments. Or
  is this unnecessary/unwanted?

- geographical hints (at least some) for cities are strongly encouraged

- cities should be placed in order of importance or magnificence (I assume
  that the code uses this order if terrain information is not to be used. Is
  this correct?)

- comments for leaders, placed in the same line after the name, telling who
  she was and when she lived, are appreciated. (Maybe we can use this some
  later time)

- waht rules do you suggest for classification/grouping?

- flags have to be in SVG

Comments?

Christian