Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13862) Data: Georgian nation

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13862) Data: Georgian nation
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 12:24:34 -0700

On 2005-09-07, at 21.13, Jason Short wrote:

>> Georgia is a tough call. Old Georgia is on the edge of antiquity.
>> However, they are a Medieval nation in my ruleset, and I think that's
>> an adequate choice.
>
> There are a bunch of nations listed as ancient that shouldn't be (e.g.,
> vietnamese).  300 AD is not ancient (though it might be borderline).
>
> -jason

Agreed, Vietnam should be removed from the Ancient group: It's history
as a distinct nation started in the 900s. The Vietnamese themselves
apparently like to believe they had an independent dynasty in the 300s
BC, but that is controversial and probably just a legend. Using that
kind of logic, Japanese and Koreans should be ancient too..

Daniel