Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] advices to improve freeciv

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] advices to improve freeciv
From: <ucbuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 02:38:30 +0200

Hello,

Although freeciv is a very good game I have got Ideas to improve it.
I am German, so I am sorry for grammatical errors.

I have got ideas for improvements concerning freeciv:

* It should be possible to determine the tax/science/luxury-rate for
each city individually. There should be a button "determine rate for
this city individually" in the city screen. It also should be
possible, to give percent numbers like 15% tax /15% sci /70% lux, not
only in 10er steps, but in 1er steps. I hope this is possible and not
too much work:-).
Especially in democracy when you want a celebration to make grow 2
cities you have to increase ALL luxury. This is annoying.

* The diplomacy could be improved so that the computer is more
friendly and talks to somebody.

* It should be possible to build 2 or 3 (or more) things in the same
turn.
Imagine a city producing 120 shields. You have got a building list:
1. Mecanical infantry (50 shields)
2. granary (60 shields)
3. marines (60 shields)
In the old civ 2, this would take thee turns. But You should make it
like this, that all the 120 shields are used. It means that the mech
inf and the granary are finished in one turn and the marine gets 10
shiels. Make the production like this- in the next version, maybe.

* I also have got an idea about trade caravan formulas.

It would be great to tell me what you think about these ideas.

Goodbye

Patrick