Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13773) Improved cursors

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13773) Improved cursors
From: "Andreas Røsdal" <andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 09:36:05 -0700

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, James Canete wrote:
> > [per@xxxxxx - Mon Aug 29 21:43:17 2005]:
> >
> > That is _really_ neat!
> >
> >   - Per
> >

> I agree with Per, that IS really neat.
>
> So neat I instantly ported it to gui-win32. :) Here's the combined patch.

Neat! - So are there any other changes anyone wants to this?

I've found PR#12391, where SVG mouse cursors are recommended, because they
can be scaled to match the tileset etc. This is all good, if only I was
able to make nice SVG graphics...

RGBA mouse cursors were added to the win32 port of GTK+ version 2.7.0,
according to the changelog
(http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2005-June/msg00029.html).
So when compiling the GTK-client on win32, GTK+ 2.8.x should be used. Or
else, the cursors will be monochrome.

Some possible future enhancements are mouse cursors for:
- waiting between turns, when client is frozen.
- arranging workers in the city dialog, indicating a selectable worker,
place a worker, and invalid placement of a worker.
- some more specific cursors for unit actions on the map. (transports,
workers, caravans and such)

Andreas R.