Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13777) Patch: Another revised Sioux nation

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13777) Patch: Another revised Sioux nation
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <markstedt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:14:32 -0700

>> Using tribe names as cities was my previous patch (ticket #13665). The
>> idea was rejected at that time though.
>
> Sorry, I missed that.
>
> The comment in this ticket refers only to the leader names only. I see
> you
> changed it already. Thats great, thank you.
>
> Christian

I my previous patch I wanted to give Sioux language names to the
leaders too, removing their English translations. That fell through
since some people found the new names too exotic and "difficult to
remember." However, I thought the praxis in Freeciv was to give native
names of leaders. North American Amerind names are apparently an
exception. I'm obeying the majority's opinion, so if an Amerind chief
is better known under his English translation names, that will also be
his name in the game. For the Sioux language leader names added in this
latest patch, I could find no English translation.

Tribe names as cities was rejected at the time because it was an
unusual solution that needed more discussion. I hope this idea will be
accepted this time!

Daniel