Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13777) Patch: Another revised Sioux nation

To: markstedt@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13777) Patch: Another revised Sioux nation
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:49:01 -0700

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 08:12:03AM -0700, Daniel Markstedt wrote:

> Here's a Sioux nation I think everyone will be happy with.
>
> City names are actual communities in modern-day Sioux reservations.

Ehm, that nation file refer to the historic nation of the Sioux. And this
gives more sense to me than to refer to the modern reservations.

The old comment suggests to use the names of the individual tribes that made
up the Sioux nation. Why not do this? Are these names not available? Names
like 'Red Shirt' are funny but doesn't fit very much to my idea of the
Sioux.. I agree that battle names aren't good either, though.

> Daniel

Christian