Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3589) Nation authors

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3589) Nation authors
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:54:40 -0700

Daniel Markstedt wrote:

>  > FWIW, I made some big changes to the catalan ruleset in the past; not the
>
>> flag, though.
>
> I think the point here, is that we want to indentify and credit the
> original authors even though the current version is substantially
> different from the original one. You will be credited as well, of course.
>
> To summarize what I posted previously: The authors of all nations but
> Galician is identified. Is the next step to contact them perhaps?

Either to contact them (if there's any doubt about their contributions
being GPL), or to add them to doc/PEOPLE (if there's no doubt) or to
remove/replace the nations (if there is doubt and we cannot get in touch
with them).

None of this should hurt the game or be particularly difficult.  Nations
are easy to replace and public domain flags can easily be found.  But it
may take some work to get it all done.

-jason