Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13589) Theme support

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13589) Theme support
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 09:41:11 -0700

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, Mateusz Stefek wrote:
> This is unused theme engine - let's decide what to do with it.
> Some coding style issues fixed, more comments.
> I don't know how can I merge it with ftwl - I hope it is only a file
> organization problem.

I miss an overall text explaining how this theme code works. Either add
one in the code somewhere, or make a Wiki page, please.

Do not use strtok (see man strtok for why - it should probably go on our
gcc poison list). See if you can use get_tokens() from shared.c instead.

The ftwl theme system is rather special, and I do not see how it can
easily be merged with anything else. But I could be wrong, I have not
looked at it. In any case, I am unsure if Raimar intends to continue
gui-ftwl. If not, it is dead.

  - Per