Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13589) Theme support

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13589) Theme support
From: "Mateusz Stefek" <mstefek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 00:00:48 -0700

> [jdorje - Thu Aug 04 02:30:40 2005]:
[..]
> Well the "theme" concept is a gui one but the client-common code does
> the work of searching through a list of directories for it.  gui-ftwl
> also has themes (see data/themes/).  If we add a GTK theme to the
> repository it should go into its own directory.  But then we have
> potentially naming conflicts if each GUI uses its own theme system
> (data/themes/ for gui-ftwl, data/theme/ for gui-gtk, etc.).

Look how /usr/share/themes is organized:
Each theme directory has subdirectories which can be gtk-2.0, gtk-1.0,
gtk or metacity-1. I think this is a good idea, we can avoid naming
conflicts with this schema. My patch looks for a file gtk-2.0/gtkrc in a
theme directory to check if the theme is useable for gtk2. This is
offical gtk theme format.
--
mateusz