Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13493) Keyboard/Mouse controls

To: andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13493) Keyboard/Mouse controls
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:37:37 -0700

> [andrearo - Wed Jul 20 08:18:42 2005]:
>
> Hi everyone!
>
> I've got a feature request about the keyboard/mouse controls in Freeciv
> 2.0.3.
>
> Using the Gtk2 client on Windows, there is no way to access the mapview
> popup with a two button mouse. This requires a third mouse button. On
> Windows, there's no middle mouse button emulation either.
>
> Therefore, it would be very convenient if all keyboard and mouse controls
> could be configurable. Are there any plans of doing this?

I have no idea how to do this.  So - no.  But, it would definitely be a
good idea.

Note that the second and third mouse button clicks should be possible to
simulate using ctrl- or alt- or shift- buttons as modifiers, even in the
default controls.  If this isn't the case now then it should be fixed.

-jason