Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13497) City dialog as tab

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13497) City dialog as tab
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:57:16 -0700

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:
> I think the numeric labels of this should be at a fixed position. Maybe
> centered.

What should happen when the 'progress bar' catches up with the text?
Perhaps it should be put in a separate column.

> There is not enough semantic separation between the built buildings list
> on the left and the worklist on the right. That got my head scratching for
> a while. :-)

Ok.

> You pick stuff to add to the worklist using the "add to production queue"
> dropdown right?

Right.

> But where is the current production?

The top item in the worklist. Ok, that was not clearly shown. Perhaps this
should be highlighted and explained by text too.

> The info column takes way too much space and should be a popup.

Agreed.

> I would put citizens on top of outputs.

Agreed.

> PS: I actually made a patch which made a 2D graphic foodbox once, but I
> never added it to the client because it used too much space.

The trick is to squeeze the icons together as they become many so that
they can fit inside a 'progress bar' like space, just like in Moo2.

  - Per