Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13434) map size not dependant on number of players

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13434) map size not dependant on number of players
From: "Peter Schaefer" <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:41:26 -0700

Ok, you can change landmass, but what if you don't know whether the
last guy will join, or if he joins between when you type in the
command to change map size and cutting him?

Also, you practically have to do the math in your head to work out a
decent map size

And someone has to pay attention, which is not a safe bet.