Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13421) Freeciv 2.0.3 beta - CivServer taking Long

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13421) Freeciv 2.0.3 beta - CivServer taking Long time for "turn done"
From: "John Soltow" <jasoltow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 04:51:13 -0700

        An additional tidbit...... while we're in the "Turn Done" mode, any
keyboard attempt at the terminal where civserver is running just queues
up until the "turn done" is complete.  Once the "turn done" cycle is
complete, what was typed into the keyboard buffer for the server window
shows up.

        I just tried saving and restoring a game, and I've found that I can't
move anyone - it appears the civserver is busy again.

        So, I killed the civserver and closed both civclients and started all
again - same thing.  I also noticed that once I start the clients and
server, "X" (as reported in top) is running 30% cpu and the majority of
what's left (60+% is being used by civserver.  This is different from
the original problem as civserver was using 90+%.

        I tried stopping the civserver and clients again, and "X" is using
approximately 3% when civ isn't running.

        You asked me to post a savegame.  How do I do that - just attach it to
a message or is there somewhere else I would post it?

        John