Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Mac OS X

To: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Nathan Brazil <nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Mac OS X
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:31:13 -0400

Christian Knoke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can you tell me, who is in charge for the Mac OS X package (
> http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Download )?
>
> Can anyone confirm that translations do not work with this package?
> ( http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=13287 )
>
> Can anybody confirm the opposite?
>
> Which other ways do a Mac User have to get Freeciv running beside this
> package? Guess compiling is not an option.

Nathan Brazil is the packager.  I assume he reads freeciv-dev but I've
cc'd him anyway.

There should be macos instructions on the INSTALL page.  Anyone can
write them.  They should explain how to install from package or from source.

And, I have no idea whether translations work.  But if you compile from
source and use gettext then they surely should.  On the other hand
freeciv has some issues with fixed directory paths (there's a hack in
configure.ac to "fix" this on win32).

-jason