Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Mac OS X

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Mac OS X
From: bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Benoit Hudson)
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:55:52 -0400

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 09:31:14PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> Great. I'd rather think the average *user* do not know how to compile,
> though. Are there any other packages or distributions or downloads with
> precompiled Freeciv 2.0 around, except the one on the download page which
> does not seem to work?

People who've gone through the trouble to install X usually also have
installed gcc and can handle downloading and compiling.  This is not to say
that we shouldn't have a working package of course.

fink has freeciv 1.14 but apparently not 2.0 :
    http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/freeciv

Before anyone asks, I have no idea (nor time to learn) how to produce any
kind of macos distribution.

        -- Benoît