Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv new release

To: Rick Laferriere <rick23@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv new release
From: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 16:44:16 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Rick Laferriere wrote:
> I downloaded you new version of Freeciv the other day, and i was excited to
> play Civ I for the first time in 10 years.
> I was promptly invaded by the Bosnians, I tried all I could to fight them,
> and lost 31 conecutive battles. 31 in a row.

Has anyone played the Civ1 ruleset lately and checked that it actually
works as it should? I have not played it in... years.

> I appreciate your effort, but unfortunately, it's just not enjoyable to
> play for novice players who haven't got the experience yet.

If you played version 2.0.0, then you should know that version 2.0.1 has
an important bugfix related to expansion speed that makes novice, easy and
medium AIs much simpler.

   - Per