Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13153) Alliances and stacking

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13153) Alliances and stacking
From: "Peter Schaefer" <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 17:04:04 -0700

Uhm, there are of course still problems left, since this(see quoted)
calls for other feature requests:

- don't kill allied units in a stack that has been attacked
  (this selective killing is IMHO better than to allow allies to
protect the enemy)

- clients should display enemies units in a stack atop of allies
units. This could be the best defender.

- the function which returns the best defender on a tile needs to use
the attacking player as an argument to distinguish several situations,
i.e. to ignore allies as defenders.