Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12934) Update problem when my city got conquered

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12934) Update problem when my city got conquered
From: Joona Kiiski <joona.kiiski@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 21:12:34 +0300

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 05:19:24PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:

> joona.kiiski@xxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > I played a long game in freeciv servers. I was using the latest 2.01 client
> > and server was also 2.01.
> >
> > When my city got conquered flag of the city didn't change! It was still
> > looking like my own city in the map although it was already under control
> > of my enemy. Refreshing the map didn't help.
> >
> > Once this happened I also got message like:
> > CMA: Oulu has changed multiple times. Please send a bug report and
> > reproducible save game.
>
> I've seen this problem before.  But it's never reproducable so I don't
> know how to track it down.
>
> Maybe it is because of the pregame agents bug which is also a cause of
> the "changed multiple times" error.  I suppose after that's fixed we can
> see if it still happens.

Now I saw this bug again. This time it had nothing to do with CMA. This is
what happens: My opponent incites a revolt in a city and I do not have any
other units nearby, so the city gets fogged immediately and the flag of
the city doesn't change. When I attack the city, the flag of the city
changes (client updates the city).

So, this is some kind of update problem, probably related to
fog of war stuff.

--
Joona Kiiski <joona.kiiski@xxxxxx>