Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7239) Patch: buildbox server variable, for accelerated

To: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7239) Patch: buildbox server variable, for accelerated production
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 14:27:54 -0700

> [per@xxxxxxxxxxx - Sun Jun 20 10:15:09 2004]:
>
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, James Canete wrote:
> > New version.
>
> I must admit I do not quite understand the reason or purpose for this
> patch. If you want to accelerate production, why don't you just lower unit
> and building costs in the ruleset?

Being able to change settings to play an accelerated game is highly
desirable.  You can already set the foodfactor and sciencefactor,
although they do not work in the same way.  There should be a
shieldfactor that does the same thing.  They should be named
consistently and should all be percentages.

Playing an accelerated game with lower costs is quite a bit of fun.
Certainly it adds to replayability.

IMO this should be a goal for 2.1.

-jason