Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12959) AI alternates between 80% entertainers and 80%

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12959) AI alternates between 80% entertainers and 80% tax.
From: "Peter Schaefer" <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 11:34:48 -0700

The /away AI of 2.0.0 alternates between 80% entertainers and 80% tax.

I suspect this means that the AI does not know that cities will only
grow if they are celebrating long enough and have food. The problem is
gone in 300 BC now that Middlesborough has lost its fish to the
neighbor city. It had 5 food surplus, but the next turn when then
taxes where high there it had 3 entertainers of 5 pop and no surplus, aso.

It probably should hesitate to buy stuff in a celebration so that the
celebration can continue, although I guess that is not as easy as it
sounds, e.g. if there is a threat.

it also seems to have no idea of waking up city defenders in Liverpool
being one or two fortified cannons and a galleon to attack a hurt musketeer on a
hill.