Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv-Dev]

To: marcin <marcin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv-Dev]
From: Peter Schaefer <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:14:15 +0200

See:
http://old.freeciv.org/faq/doc/README

If there exists something like the below(change this to where your
freeciv is installed), then french will work:
C:\Programs\Freeciv-2.0.0\share\locale\fr

How:
Start a dos execute window, then:

C:
cd C:\Programs\Freeciv-2.0.0\
set locale=fr
civclient

You could also do this in a batch file.
You can also try to set locale to "fr" globally somewhere in the
property settings tab of the PC icon, however this might make other
programs attempt to speak french too.

Side note: Question: Is launching from a windows "link" the same as
launching from a DOS window and the same as launching in DOS mode ?
Back to topic: =>If not, setting "locale" globally is probably best.

Peter