Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: questions about v2

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: questions about v2
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:07:50 -0400

Sean Peifer wrote:
> Hi, I have a few questions relating to freeciv v2:
>
> When might there be updated documentation? (Or are there enough changes
> to warrant an update?)

There are many changes but they're all incremental.  The existing
documentation should just be updated rather than writing all-new
documentation.

That said, the documentation on rulesets is pretty bad.  See
README.rulesets, or http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Rulesets, or look
at the documentation in the default ruleset itself.

> Is there a way to have units supported with gold, rather than shields
> (i.e. as in Civ 3)? How could I change the ruleset to make this happen?

See the uk_gold values in the units.ruleset.

-jason