Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12779) bug found in freeciv 2.0.0

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12779) bug found in freeciv 2.0.0
From: "Manchette" <manchette@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 03:32:01 -0700

Hello,
yes i 'm sorry i realized to late i forgot the system version :)
i'm using windows XP SP2.
WHat i do is i use the Freeciv 2.0.0 beta version, here's what i tried :

- open the civclient.exe file, it works when i play :
start a new game, then   quit
start a scenario, then quit
start a game on the net, then quit.

- But each time i save a game [which is vital...] (i got a
civgame-3500.sav.gz file (for exple)), and can't open the civclient.exe
anymore.

i just tried today again, no way, i double click on it, nothing happens
at all.

i'm correct assuming that with the 2.0.0 beta version double clicking
the civclient.exe is enough to open and play the game/start a new game?
what did you mean by 'restore the game from the command line' ?
Shall i open the server, then the client and strike a command line in
the server? which one please?

Thanks

Fabrice

--