Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12768) an observer can issue the aitoggle command

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12768) an observer can issue the aitoggle command
From: "Reinier Post" <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:30:49 -0700

In 2.0.0-rc1 an observer can join, observe an existing player, and then
issue an aitoggle command on some player.  Is this level of control
supposed to be allowed to observers?  (I have only tried it on dead
players.)

The actual problem I noticed is that the player (i.e. nation) name is
given as the issuer, not my user name, so it appeared as if the user who
was actually playing the nation I was merely observing was issuing the
command.

PNG image