Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12755) Bug: Lost tirime

To: macamba@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12755) Bug: Lost tirime
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 03:46:01 -0700

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 02:03:04AM -0700, macamba@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm playing FreeCiv off and on. One thing I noticed today is that I lost a
> Tirime with all hands, while it was sailing between the south continent
> (the one with snow) and the continent I am at war with the AI. I don't
> think that should happen.

Since version 2.0 the poles count as unsafe terrain for land units and
triremes. So triremes are prone to sinking when near the ice (as well as on
the high seas).

You will find this information in the help --> terrain --> arctic but it is
not very prominent, and not mentioned in the NEWS file (but is in
http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/NEWS-beta ).

Christian